1.5—2 lbs. flank steak
½ cup olive oil
¾ cup red wine
3 tablespoons garlic powder
½ Cup soy sauce or teriyaki sauce
6—8 medium sized fresh spinach leaves
¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
6 strips pepper bacon
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
¾ cup crushed pistachio nuts
½ cup fresh diced green onions
1—Hickory Flavored SmokeStack Canister
- Pound flank steak evenly on both sides with kitchen mallet until meat is limp.
Marinate flank steak overnight.
- Precook pepper bacon to medium crispiness.
- Remove flank steak from marinade and flatten on cutting board.
- Spread spinach leaves evenly across flank steak, then spread crumbled feta cheese on top. Sprinkle fresh diced green onions evenly followed by thinly sliced red bell peppers. Dice pepper bacon and spread evenly across.
- Starting at the narrow end, roll flank steak and contents tightly, keeping filling tucked in from edges. Tie with string or use toothpicks to hold together.
- Sprinkle crushed pistachio nuts evenly across roll.
- Fill SmokeStack smoking canister to rim with hickory and cover. Place canister on preheated grill and allow smoke to begin producing. If using charcoal, or electric grill, place smoking canister under grill close to heat source. Seasoning smoke will aromatically season meat for 20—40 minutes depending on heat source.
- Place flank steak on grill once smoke begins to produce, and close grill cover. Allow approximately one minute in between turning in an effort to sear all sides. Allow flank steak to cook with occasional turning for grilling consistency. Using a temperature probe, cook until internal temperature reaches 138 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove and cover with foil for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from foil and slice at ¾ inch thickness. Remove all toothpicks and or string.